Simple or complex, made by beginner or expert, we genuinely welcome them all. It really is the love and thought that counts.
Crafting information for our big Mumsnet Woolly Hugs
Squares to be six inches, using 4mm needles or hook
The yarn we are using
* Artesano Superwash Merino DK
* Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK (discontinued but some still around)
* Debbie Bliss Rialto DK
* Drops Merino Extra Fine DK
* James C. Brett Pure Merino DK (also discontinued, some still to be had)
* Jenny Watson Pure Merino DK
* Patons Merino Extrafine DK
* Sublime Extra Fine Merino Wool DK
Just from these please as they are very similar, have been trialled and we know they can be combined for wash and wear.
Deramores are good if you out of the UK as they have flat rate shipping.
Wool is also sold on Ebay, and at John Lewis
Colours : Each project will have a palette which will have been discussed with the family, so make sure you read carefully before buying.
However, if using cream, please use Debbie Bliss Rialto DK 02 ecru, James C. Brett Pure Merino DK no 7 or Jenny Watson Pure Merino DK WM4 cream
Please, no blocking! Blocking is essentially when you've finished your piece, shaping it by either spraying it/washing it and pinning it out in the desired shape or by giving it a gentle iron. Please don't do any of this as it is much easier for us hookers to hook the blanket together when squares aren't blocked. Thank you